Waterfront home with separate unit
Just 3.8 km north of Orford, and 55 minutes to the airport, is this lovely home located in a beautiful, sheltered, waterfront setting with a fabulous view across Spring Bay that showcases a never ending parade of ferries, commercial fishing fleet and recreational water craft. Triabunna sits at the doorstep of some of Tasmania’s most beautiful places including Maria Island National Park, while Spring Bay itself is renowned for producing award-winning mussels.
With a north-easterly aspect, this delightful home enjoys a light and open feel, comprises a three bedroom, two bathroom house and an additional single bedroom self-contained unit. It is immaculately maintained both inside and out.
There’s a sandy beach nearby and the fishing is excellent. If you love to sail then there’s even your own mooring (these are very hard to come by).
Just wander down the lawn to the water’s edge. It’s practically on your doorstep!
In more detail:
• The living spaces and kitchen are open plan with that highly coveted indoor/outdoor living; sliding doors across the front of the house open to a huge deck. There’s a reverse cycle air conditioner (heat pump) and a marvellous wood burning fireplace/oven (great for cooking scones) in this very large area of the house.
• There are three bedrooms (two are particularly large) in the main house and a single bedroom in the self-contained unit. However, there is flexibility to easily allocate one of the large main house bedrooms to the unit, making a second bedroom, without compromising privacy.
• The master bedroom is huge with a walk-in robe and ensuite with a spa bath that looks out at the water view. The bedroom also opens to the deck.
• The second bathroom comprises a toilet, shower and vanity.
• The kitchen has black granite bench tops (as does the ensuite) and boasts high quality appliances.
• All three heat pumps in the house/unit are new as are the carpets and appliances in the unit, and the flooring and pure wool carpet in the house. There’s also a brand new gas hot water system.
• The two year old unit comprises a double bedroom, large living area, bathroom (shower, toilet and vanity), kitchen and laundry nook. It, too, opens to its own deck. To date, it has been used as an Airbnb and, pre-COVID, was earning $50,000 (gross) for the owner. What a great place for family and friends to stay!
• There’s a single car garage that could be converted to yet another room, with loads of mezzanine storage. And there’s off street parking for 3-4 cars.
• The grounds include a lawn that never needs watering; landscaped garden; a sunny courtyard with a fernery; a fenced and very productive veggie patch; a pergola and two garden sheds.
This is a lovely East Coast home with so many attractive features and located in a quiet, peaceful neighbourhood. There is no work to be done; just move in, relax, and watch the world go by.